Today’s craft is another collab with Cece Luna and recycles cardboard packaging into faux gingerbread cookies that you can hang on your Christmas tree year after year.
You will need:
• Brown cardboard box
• Poster or acrylic paint
• A sewing needle or hole punch
• Some string, ribbon, or wool
1. First choose your gingerbread shapes, you can either trace around my free template or create your own shapes by tracing around cookie cutters
2. Trace around the shapes on brown cardboard packaging and cut along the line.
3. Add your design using white paint as icing, and sequins and beads for sweets.
4. Finally, once the paint is dry make a hole at the top of each decoration using either a sewing needle or hole punch.
5. Make a loop with the ribbon by knotting the two ends together, then thread through the hole and they are ready to hand on your Christmas tree.
I hope you enjoyed today’s craft! Gingerbread cookies are so cute, but if you’re allergic to gingerbread like me these cardboard cookies are the perfect alternative.
Stay safe and best wishes,
Emily M x