After a while being at home can start to feel boring and repetitive, so one way to spread a little cheer and boost everyone’s mood is random acts of kindness.
The key to a random act of kindness is to keep it a surprise, to spread cheer when they’re least expecting it. A couple of weeks ago I read Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith and it reminded me how one random act of kindness can be the start of a whole movement, like a chain of kindness. Here are a couple of ideas for what you could do:
- Chores – Do some chores that you’re not scheduled to do, that could be doing someone else’s or getting a head start on tomorrow’s
- Cook someone their favourite meal or bake a tasty treat
- Let someone else have your time slot on the computer, games console or tv
- If you have a bathtub, you can run them a nice relaxing bath
- Have a movie night and let them choose the movie
- Buy them a treat, maybe their favourite candy or something they have been saving up for, or get crafty and make them something special
- Help them with their work or a project because teamwork makes everything (usually) go a lot faster and little more enjoyable
One of the things I will be doing today is baking some more Shortbread Hearts for my mum as they are her favourite treat! I posted my recipe last month for Mother’s Day, click here if you’d like to give it a read.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! Click here to find out more about The Positivity Project and check back here tomorrow at 10am BST for my Thankful Friday post.
And don’t forget to check out:
- Ancine (Blog / Instagram)
- Beth Lucy (Blog / Instagram)
- Ella (Blog / Instagram)
- Erin (Blog / Instagram)
- Hedy (Blog / Instagram)
- Michelle (Blog / Instagram)
- Molly (Blog / Instagram)
- Sophie (Instagram)
who are working on this project with me!
Follow my crafty adventures and for more updates on my posts check out my Instagram @lilacdaisiesdiy and @princessemily_m
Stay safe and best wishes,
Emily M x